(Merseyrail Northern Line)
The station was opened as Seaforth in 1850 by the Liverpool, Crosby & Southport Railway as the railway extended its line South to Sandhills. The station was renamed Seaforth & Litherland in 1905.
The station was also the Northern terminus of the Liverpool Overhead Railway which extended to Seaforth Sands in 1905 . The railway later having a carriage shed and workshop adjacent to the station . The LOR line was closed in 1956.
The station today has 2 platforms either side of an island. Access to the platforms is via a covered walkway from the street.
|Merseyrail 508 126 arrives with a Southbound service|
|Carpark station sign|
|Covered walkway up to the ticket office and platforms|
|Merseyrail 507 021 departs for Southport|
 Martin Jenkins & Charles Roberts, Merseyside Transport Recalled (Ian Allan, 2014) p. 20
 Jonathan Cadwallader & Martin Jenkins, Merseyside Electrics (Ian Allan, 2010) p. 12