|Type:||Transport for London
(Bakerloo Line &
The Bakerloo Line reached the station in 1915 on its extension North to Watford Junction (though later the service was been cut back to Harrow & Wealdstone). The LNWR rebuilt the station to accommodate the Bakerloo Line  with four new platforms arranged as two islands. The station retains six platforms (two being on the WCML slow lines) though only the four on the two islands are used apart from during engineering work or special services.
London Overground trains use the outer platforms and Bakerloo Line trains the two inner platforms. These platforms are sheltered from the elements by an overall roof.
Currently no Main Line services call at the station after London Midland stopped in 2013 though that may change in future. An interesting aspect of the station is that the Bakerloo Line has one of its depots at the station with carriage sheds at either end of the platforms. Northbound Bakerloo Line trains indeed leave through one of these carriage sheds (see photo below).
|LO 378 213 arrives on a Watford bound service|
|View from a Bakerloo Line train passing through the depot|
|A Bakerloo Line train, notice the overall roof|
|Two Bakerloo Line 72ts tube trains pass at the Watford end of the station|
|A Euston bound London Overground train|
|A North bound Bakerloo Line 72ts tube train enters the station|
 Mike Horne, The Bakerloo Line (Capital Transport, 2001) p. 31